Thursday, April 30

#1: Letter to A Drowning Victim

I tried my damnedest to save
You but it was not enough
I must've got scared
It you were far too cold

All we should have known
That the overpass was too treacherous
But it would not matter
You would have gone

Wish I might that you were
Better but I have no hope
For the hope was gone
The last time it happened

I took my hands
Across your chest
Forced your breath
All for naught

I always thought blue pallour
Would be an attractive quality
Like almost translucent milky
Skin, but it's sick

I grab my hat, my phone
Fumble the keys
Emergency on the way
Emergency left and gone

I cry every night now
Out of sheer pain, the
Cessations of your breathing killing
Me; I won't forget you

No comments:

Project Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones