Monday, March 9

Academic Decathlon

I dunno if I've mentioned this before, but I am on the Academic Decathlon team for my high school. It's an inner city school, filled with the dregs of humanity, but I wouldn't be the person I am today without every one of them. Anyway, I'm on the team. Have been since last year.

I was able to get a lot of medals and we got third place in the state last year. Yay.

This year, however, was a wholly different story. It was mainly due to the fact that I got nary a medal. We still got second place, though. Strangely enough, I actually tried to win this year and felt confident that I would do well! It's irritating, but I go with it. It's just another way to benchmark something unquantifiable; intelligence.

Oh well. Just goes to show what you get when you try. The looser you are, the better things will happen to you. Realize that, whatever you do, it's cosmically unimportant, and you will do well.

Philosophizor out.

Namaste.

No comments:

Project Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones